My little vanity shrine Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration
Night Shade Message Boards » Rodrigues, Luis » My little vanity shrine « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Luís Rodrigues
Posted on Saturday, April 26, 2003 - 09:47 pm:   

I succumbed to temptation and became a blogger. Woe is me.

http://goblindegook.blogspot.com/

Cheers,
Luís

ben peek
Posted on Tuesday, June 03, 2003 - 05:30 am:   

that's a neat blog, luis.

i have a bit of a fetish good blogs, or at least ones that are interesting. you can do so much with one, really. if i had the cash, i'd get myself a digital camera, learn a bit of web stuff, and start a whole urban mapping blog on my own. you could scrounge up a bunch of like minded people from around the world and develop a network of it, which would basically allow you to do a bunch of stuff. (um, way off topic, isn't it? i used to do a pamphlet that mapped urban myths with photography and prose, and i guess bits of it still remain.)

but anyhow, it's a neat blog. i'll be sure to check it out again.

Luís Rodrigues
Posted on Tuesday, June 03, 2003 - 07:31 am:   

Thanks! You know, now that you mention mapping cities, I always wanted to do something like that Forgotten NY site, but with Lisbon. I don't have a camera, much less a digital one, so this is likely to stay on the drawing board for a long while.

Best,
Luís

ben peek
Posted on Tuesday, June 03, 2003 - 07:45 pm:   

i figure, someone, eventually, will construct a hub that you can hang mapped urban landscapes off. get enough, and you would be able to, from that hub, access anywhere in the world. the potential is really quite limitless. (not to mention you could aim to construct different ways of viewing certain areas...)

kinda makes me wish i had a digital camera, yet again.

Rhys
Posted on Friday, July 18, 2003 - 06:14 am:   

Hey Luis! My contributor's copy of BREAKING WINDOWS came this morning. 'Tis gorgeous! Thanks so much, good sir!

steve redwood
Posted on Thursday, October 02, 2003 - 02:27 pm:   

Not sure if this comes under Vanity Shrine, but just received Breaking Windows, and at once reread Rhys' gorgons, and things like 'we ran someone down on the Hammersmith flyover, or so engelbrecht claimed.... when I checked later the blood on the wheels had more of an Acton consistency to it.'

Book looks good, great cover, contents more than romising... but doesn't quite have the 'je ne sais quite what' that the Fisher of Devils cover has. I wonder why?

Flattery costs... any news on Cain and Mabel?

Luís
Posted on Thursday, October 02, 2003 - 03:48 pm:   

No hidden messages, I imagine. :-) Thanks for the comments on the book! I love Rhys' story too, I hope you enjoy the rest.

Still haven't gotten to Cain and Mabel, I'm afraid. Sorry, slow reader and all . . .

Best,
Luís

steve redwood
Posted on Sunday, October 12, 2003 - 08:02 am:   

Hi Luís, putting this here instead of 'Breaking Windows' board in case anyone thinks I'm self-promoting. Amazing coincidence. I'm furious.

Was thoroughly enjoying BW, mixing stories with non-fiction, and began to read Sallis on Kersh. (BTW, you'll prob. already know Table of Contents mixed up, Jeff Topham's take on Tolkein out of position.) I'm not the most well-read person in the world, so I hadn`t heard of Kersh, so when Sallis mentioned a story called 'The Extraordinarily horrible dummy', I suspected a borgesian imaginary author story, so checked internet. Well, deep embarrassment...And there Paul Duncan mentioned that 'One story in The Saturday Evening Post... where it is explained that the Mona Lisa kept her mouth shut because she had bad teeth, is often quoted as fact.'

How dare he! In the Leonardo story I didn't send you, I had written (Winnie is the Mona Lisa , a time traveller), ´'Leonardo misunderstood the reason for my astonishment.
“The unique curve of her lips, I see, has not escaped your acute attention. This is the temporary effect of a teeth brace I invented and fitted a few weeks ago. Show them, Winnie.”
Winnie didn’t seem too happy with this, but obediently opened her mouth, and we saw what looked like a guitar string running along her gums and in and out of her teeth like a DNA double helix. She closed her mouth again. She was obviously suffering some discomfort.

Is there NOTHING new under the sun?¿!¡

Rhys
Posted on Monday, October 13, 2003 - 03:40 am:   

No because you are me, good sir... apparently!

steve hjuz
Posted on Tuesday, October 14, 2003 - 05:21 am:   

Yes, Hyde, I'd forgotten that!

Luke
Posted on Wednesday, August 18, 2004 - 07:51 pm:   

What's happened to the vanity shrine? Decided it was too much of a time sink?

Cheese Golem
Posted on Thursday, August 19, 2004 - 11:18 am:   

Yes, Luis, we want your blog back.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration