WisCon27 Sequela Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration
Night Shade Message Boards » Duchamp, L. Timmel » WisCon27 Sequela « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

L. Timmel Duchamp
Posted on Thursday, May 29, 2003 - 12:59 pm:   

WisCon programming is set up so that attendees must inevitably miss things they really, really, really want to see. (Some people, I've noticed, have tried to beat the system by floating from room to room, as though undertaking an embodied version of channel surfing. I tried this once myself, but found it as dissatisfying as I find channel-surfing. & in this case, of course, I could hardly duck out of my own panel & dash up the stairs to gulp down a few choice morsels & then dash back without suggesting that all those who had come to my panel really should be upstairs themselves.)

Among the events I regret having missed (because I had a panel scheduled for the same time) was a conversation between Ursula K. Le Guin & Carol Emshwiller mediated by Eileen Gunn. Justine Larbalestier has posted an appreciation of this inspiring event on the "Musings" page of her website, titled "Brave Rabbits: the Carol Emshwiller and Ursula Le Guin Show." Do check it out at <http://www.justinelarbalestier.com/braverabbits.htm>.

Timmi

JeffV
Posted on Thursday, May 29, 2003 - 01:03 pm:   

Very nice account. Thanks for that.

I think I'll have to go to WisCon next year.

Timmi--re your essay, I'm writing a letter to Extrapolations.

JeffV

L. Timmel Duchamp
Posted on Thursday, May 29, 2003 - 01:24 pm:   

Jeff, I think you'd love WisCon. Your name came up repeatedly in many of my conversations, of course.<g> & I know well that many of the issues discussed are dear to your heart-- & that the discussions would have benefited by your contributions to them.

As to the essay: I appreciate your support *immensely.*

Timmi

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration