Major SPECTRUM Exhibition in NYC Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration
Night Shade Message Boards » Picacio, John » Major SPECTRUM Exhibition in NYC « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

John Picacio
Posted on Wednesday, February 23, 2005 - 05:22 pm:   

If you're a fan of art of the fantastic or if you're a fan of the annual SPECTRUM: THE BEST IN CONTEMPORARY FANTASTIC ART, then check this out!

SPECTRUM is celebrating its first decade with a very special retrospective exhibition in New York City at the Society of Illustrators Building, 128 East 63rd St. The exhibition starts September 7th and runs through October 1, 2005.

An opening reception will be held on Friday, September 9th.

The exhibition represents the best of the best from the first 11 SPECTRUM Annuals and there will be 250 of the best works of fantastic art from the last decade on display to the public. It's gonna be an AMAZING, once-in-a-lifetime show!!

SPECTRUM will soon be announcing the different artists represented in this special exhibition, but I just recently received word that my cover illustration for the 35th Anniversary Edition of Harlan Ellison's DANGEROUS VISIONS will be one of the pieces in the show.

I'm gonna make every effort to fly up for the opening reception in September because I've gotta see this whole show for myself. And if you haven't been to the Society of Illustrators Building before, you're in for a real treat. It's a historic treasure that celebrates the best of American illustration over the last century or so, and there are gorgeous works on display every day from folks like N.C. Wyeth, Norman Rockwell, Bob Peak, Bernie Fuchs, and many more. It's a real treat.

Mark your calendars for this special event, especially if you live or are visiting NYC in September. Don't miss it!

John Klima
Posted on Wednesday, February 23, 2005 - 07:36 pm:   

Sounds great John. I hope I can make it!

JK

John Picacio
Posted on Thursday, February 24, 2005 - 05:43 pm:   

See you out there, John. I know this whole thing is a long way off, but I think it's gonna be worth the trip.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration