2005 WEIRD TALES / Jeff Vandermeer issue Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration
Night Shade Message Boards » Picacio, John » 2005 WEIRD TALES / Jeff Vandermeer issue « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

John Picacio
Posted on Friday, September 10, 2004 - 12:29 pm:   

If you haven't already read JV's thread below, I'm illustrating a special cover for a very special issue of WEIRD TALES featuring the wonderous work of the Big Meerkat himself -- Jeff Vandermeer.

For all Vanderholics, it's cause for celebration because this issue will contain an exclusive, brand new piece of VanderFiction (possibly a novella) with two or three classic Vandermeer reprints. If that weren't enough, there's a full-length interview with JV and if THAT weren't enough, JV will also be interviewing me with Mike Wallace-like ferocity, no doubt, in a separate JP by JV interview.

So it's a big VanderFest to say the least, and I'm really looking forward to the whole celebration.

Look for this special WEIRD TALES issue sometime in summer 2005. I imagine JV will be updating as this issue takes form so be sure to keep checking his thread below for all the latest.

John Klima
Posted on Friday, September 10, 2004 - 12:42 pm:   

Awesome! Looking forward to it!

JK

John Picacio
Posted on Friday, September 10, 2004 - 12:55 pm:   

Hey, JK --

Thanks very much. Great to see you and your wife Shea (or is it Shay?) at WorldCon. Very much looking forward to digging in to your latest issue of ELECTRIC VELOCIPEDE (#7)....looks like it'll be the best $4 I've spent all year. Congrats on reaching magic issue number 7. Let the '05 Hugo campaigning for ELECTRIC VELOCIPEDE as Best Fanzine commence now.....:-)

Best,
John

John Picacio
Posted on Friday, October 08, 2004 - 10:22 am:   

Quick update regarding my participation in the Jeff Vandermeer/WEIRD TALES special issue:

I deeply regret that I won’t be able to do the cover for the 2005 WEIRD TALES special issue featuring Jeff. He's a class act and an astoundingly gifted author and I was very much looking forward to this opportunity to collaborate with him. It didn't work out this time, but I look forward to working with Jeff in the future and I wish much success for this special issue.

JV
Posted on Friday, October 08, 2004 - 11:11 am:   

No worries, John! I totally understand your reasons and we *definitely* will work together in the future. You're a class act.

JeffV

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration