New stuff Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration
Night Shade Message Boards » Picacio, John » New stuff « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

John Picacio
Posted on Thursday, September 04, 2003 - 03:39 pm:   

Here's a current list of book covers that I'm illustrating and in some cases, illustrating and designing.

A lot of this news can be found on my website (www.johnpicacio.com), but for some, it might be quicker to see it here on this bulletin board so I'll post on both.

A quick rundown of covers completed very, very recently OR that I'm currently working on:

THE STORMWATCHER by Graham Joyce – I turned in the cover illustration and jacket design for this one last month. This will be a signed hardcover published by the hard-working joes at Night Shade Books. I’ve been a long-time fan of Graham’s work so this was an honor, and as you would expect, it's a fabulous read and a must for all Joyce fans. This is the first time this novel has ever been available as a U.S. edition.
http://www.nightshadebooks.com/

MORE TOMORROW & OTHER STORIES by Michael Marshall Smith – I turned in the cover illustration and jacket design for this one last month as well. This is Mike's first U.S. collection of short stories and it’s an Earthling Publications release. If you haven’t read this guy, you’re missing out. This has to be one of the most amazing short story collections I’ve ever read. Consistently excellent. I think this one will be released in time for the World Fantasy Con, if all goes well at the printer.
http://www.earthlingpub.com/

THE CAT’S PAJAMAS & OTHER STORIES by James Morrow – I’m having a blast with this wraparound jacket. This will be a Tachyon Publications release. Morrow’s a genius. I'm taking a break from working on this one to type this update. I'm not sure of the release date. Check the Tachyon site for those details.
http://www.tachyonpublications.com/

WIZARDRY & WILD ROMANCE by Michael Moorcock -- This one is not official yet, but I'm pretty confident that the contracts should be done by this weekend. This is going to be tremendous fun. This will be a MonkeyBrain Books release slated for late 2003/early 2004. The intro will be courtesy of China Mieville and the afterword by Jeff Vandermeer. That's one helluva book so I'm really looking forward to this.

LEAGUE OF EXTRAORDINARY GENTLEMEN/COMPANION TWO by Jess Nevins -- This will be the sequel to the smash hit HEROES & MONSTERS: THE UNOFFICIAL COMPANION TO THE LEAGUE OF EXTRAORDINARY GENTLEMEN. Of course, the first book was a companion to the first volume of Alan Moore and Kevin O'Neill's incredible LOEG series and this will be the companion for the second volume. It looks like MonkeyBrain is slating this for a Summer 2004 release just in time for the San Diego ComicCon. I'll be providing another wraparound cover illustration and design for this one. Note: This one is not official either because contracts have not yet been signed but since MonkeyBrain is already announcing it, I feel very confident that this one is safe to announce. MonkeyBrain is building an impressive lineup of books and if you haven't been by their site, you should go visit.
http://www.monkeybrainbooks.com/

There are several others that are currently in the contract stages. So as those resolve themselves and become official projects, I'll announce them here and on my website.

John Picacio
Posted on Monday, September 08, 2003 - 10:38 am:   

It's official. Contracts were signed this weekend with MonkeyBrain Books and I'll be doing the cover for Michael Moorcock's WIZARDRY & WILD ROMANCE. Very much looking forward to illustrating and designing this cover.....

John Picacio
Posted on Wednesday, November 05, 2003 - 12:20 pm:   

Since getting back home from World Fantasy, I’ve received a few requests to give an update regarding latest works. I’ll have an update on my website soon enough, but as a service to the denizens of the Night Shade board, you’re getting the skinny here first!

So for anyone out there who has a casual interest in upcoming works by me….here goes…

NEW DEBUTS….the following publications have Picacio covers and/or illustrations and have debuted within the last couple of weeks.

Wraparound cover illustration for THE RESURRECTION MAN’S LEGACY by Dale Bailey (Golden Gryphon)

Wraparound cover illustration and design for THE STORMWATCHER by Graham Joyce (Night Shade Books)

Cover illustration and design for MORE TOMORROW & OTHER STORIES by Michael Marshall Smith (Earthling Publications)

Full-page illustration for feature story entitled "Penny’s Grave" in TEXAS PARKS & WILDLIFE MAGAZINE, November 2003

Now on sale….signed-and-numbered limited edition prints of THE LEAGUE OF EXTRAORDINARY GENTLEMEN (T.L.O.E.G. copyright 2003 Alan Moore and Kevin O’ Neill)….this is an 18x24 print of the cover illustration I did for Jess Nevins’ HEROES & MONSTERS: THE UNOFFICIAL COMPANION TO THE LEAGUE OF EXTRAORDINARY GENTLEMEN (MonkeyBrain Books)….the prints come shipped in a protective tube and printed on premium lustre matte stock…limited to 100 prints…they sell for $35, including shipping….contact me if you’re interested.

CURRENTLY IN PROGRESS….I’m currently at work on the following illustrations.

WIZARDRY & WILD ROMANCE by Michael Moorcock (MonkeyBrain Books) – This one should be out late 2003/early 2004. This will be an expanded edition with all-new material as well as a China Mieville introduction and a Jeff Vandermeer afterword. Tremendous. Don’t miss it.

ARGOSY Novella by Charles Stross & Cory Doctorow (Coppervale International) – I’m illustrating the cover and the interiors for this forthcoming novella by these two wunderkinds. This will be available in the second issue of ARGOSY MAGAZINE. The first issue just debuted at World Fantasy in DC. Second issue should be available early 2004.

THE CAT’S PAJAMAS & OTHER STORIES by James Morrow (Tachyon) – The wraparound cover illustration for this book is complete and was on display at World Fantasy this past weekend. I’m also designing the cover and that design work should be done within the month. Check Tachyon’s website for release details.
http://www.tachyonpublications.com/

THE EMPIRE OF ICE CREAM by Jeffrey Ford (Night Shade Books) – This is the next short story collection from World Fantasy Award-winning author Jeffrey Ford (has a nice ring to it, doesn’t it, Jeff?)….the publisher, the author, and myself have all verbally agreed and everything looks like a go. Contracts need to be finished off….i’s need to be dotted….t’s need to be crossed…but barring any last-second slips in those departments, this will be a reality for a 2004 release. It’s a huge honor to do another Jeff Ford cover. Very happy about this.

IN ADDITION…..there are several other cover assignments that are in various stages of contract resolution….so once those agreements get squared away, I’ll be at liberty to share more news very soon. I’ll keep you posted.

And if you’ve actually come to this final sentence after all of that, thanks for taking the time to stop by.

John Picacio
Posted on Sunday, December 07, 2003 - 08:27 pm:   

Update time….here are a few additional covers that I’m working on this month….obviously, these will all be 2004 or 2005 releases…

STAGESTRUCK VAMPIRES & OTHER PHANTASMS by Suzy McKee Charnas (Tachyon Publications)

HER SMOKE ROSE FOREVER by James Tiptree, Jr.
(Tachyon Publications)

A WALK ON THE DARKSIDE, edited by John Pelan
(a horror anthology for Penguin/Ace/Roc)

BEGGARS IN SPAIN by Nancy Kress
(HarperCollins/William Morrow)

Additionally, I’ve signed contracts to do the cover for GEORGE ALEC EFFINGER LIVE FROM PLANET EARTH which is the next collection of Effinger short stories from Golden Gryphon.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration