Is This a Pat Cadigan Story? Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration
Night Shade Message Boards » Cadigan, Pat » Is This a Pat Cadigan Story? « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  Start New Thread        

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Gwen Mulder
Posted on Tuesday, July 18, 2006 - 06:06 pm:   

I hope I don't get in trouble for double-posting, but I'm not getting any response in the other catagory.

Some years ago I read a short story in the Magazine of Fantasy & Science Fiction that I'm trying to relocate. I can't remember the title but I'm thinking the author might have been Pat Cadigan, though I wouldn't swear to it. Anyway --

The story was about a band of time travelers who went back in time to snatch selected people from their time line and bring them to the future. The people were taken right before their deaths so as not to screw up the time line and were carefully chosen as being those with talent or genius but who had died "before their time," before fulfilling their promise. The idea was to rescue them from death and give them a second chance to live out their potential. Of course, things don't work out quite the way they were planned!

If it is your story, Pat, and my memory mutilated it, I apologize in advance!

Ellen Datlow
Posted on Wednesday, July 19, 2006 - 12:25 am:   

Gwen,
Pat hasn't been on this BB for quite a while and her registration has lapsed. She asked me to let you know it's not her story.

Gwen Mulder
Posted on Wednesday, July 19, 2006 - 07:54 am:   

Thank you so much, Ellen! And, Pat, too. It's very nice of both of you to let me know.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration