15 May 2004, London, UK--Let's Take A... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration
Night Shade Message Boards » Cadigan, Pat » 15 May 2004, London, UK--Let's Take A Walk! « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

La Cadigan
Posted on Friday, November 21, 2003 - 06:01 am:   

This morning I received a flyer for the Playtex Moonwalk 2004, to take place on 15 May in London.

It's the only power-walking marathon and it's to raise money for breast cancer research.

Investigate at:

www.walkthewalk.org

Anybody want to put on a bra and join me? People are allowed to do this in groups, so what do you say? Don't you think breast cancer research could benefit from a little help from a bunch of us fantastic genre types with anti-gravity breasts?

Think about it and get in touch.

Besides, I'm looking for buddies to power-walk with.

:-)

Liz
Posted on Friday, November 21, 2003 - 06:59 am:   

I might be up for it, Pat, though I have no tits to speak of and never wear a bra. It is a worthy cause!

I'm sure you were all dying for me to share that...

Can i wear one of those brass bullet shaped things like an old cover of ASTOUNDING?

Jim Thompson
Posted on Friday, November 21, 2003 - 07:37 am:   

My mum had BC last year- it was a really hard time for us all.

So- good on you!

La Cadigan
Posted on Saturday, November 22, 2003 - 01:51 am:   

Liz--

If you check out the website, you find out that, for the entry fee, they send you a bra, which you can then customize to your heart's content. We could get you a couple of those paper cones that water coolers dispense as disposable drinking cups, cover them with gold foil, and you could be a Pulp SciFi Babe with Brass Madonna Cones.

Jim--

My sincere sympathies to your mum and to you. I hope she's doing better.

I had a scare myself a little while ago. Everything turned out all right but let me tell you, when you're waiting for the results of a biopsy, you understand the concept of Schrodinger's Cat *exactly*, with no trouble at all.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration