Welcome Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration
Night Shade Message Boards » Cadigan, Pat » Welcome « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Ellen
Posted on Monday, August 18, 2003 - 05:47 am:   

Hey Pat,
I thought I'd be the first to welcome you to your new topic!!

Cmon and join the fun.

Liz Williams
Posted on Monday, August 18, 2003 - 05:50 am:   

Welcome to the Diva!

Nice to see you on Nightshade...

Jay Caselberg
Posted on Monday, August 18, 2003 - 06:01 am:   

Mistress!!! I abase myself before you, as is proper.

Liz Williams
Posted on Monday, August 18, 2003 - 06:07 am:   

I see the rolled-up newspaper training has once more achieved spectacular results, Pat.

M. Bishop
Posted on Monday, August 18, 2003 - 06:20 am:   

Well, let me be the, ah, fourth to welcome you to Nightshade. You still in England? I'm still in backward ol' Jawja, where we have to suffer, every day, the indignities of a power grid that actually functions. My my.

Anyway, check in now and again, ya hear?

Mike

Maureen McHugh
Posted on Monday, August 18, 2003 - 06:31 am:   

Pat! Looking forward to seeing you next week!

Cheryl Morgan
Posted on Monday, August 18, 2003 - 06:54 am:   

Greetings, your Diva-ness! Good to see you joining the throng.

Richard Parks
Posted on Monday, August 18, 2003 - 07:24 am:   

Welcome, Pat. You _are_ here, aren't you?

Les!ieWhat
Posted on Monday, August 18, 2003 - 04:15 pm:   

Hi, Pat! What they said!

(I'm starting to worry that my tendency to use exclamation points in postings is creeping over into my fiction.)

Cadigan, Pat
Posted on Tuesday, August 19, 2003 - 01:48 am:   

Huh? Wha?

*wakes up, looks around, tries to figure out what time zone this is*

*watches helplessly as cat wakes up, attempts to type post with claws retracted*

*watches fearfully as cat attempts to type post with claws out*

*watches resignedly as cat checks email*

*sighs with relief as cat finally goes back to sleep and allows access to keyboard*

*attempts to post with sleeping cat draped over one forearm*

*wonders how everybody else finds the time to do this*

*nods out briefly*

*startled into wakefulness by 73-inch former baby foraging for food*

*nods out briefly*

*wakes up again to drink excellent coffee brought by world's most understanding husband*

*nods out briefly*

*wakes up again to drink more excellent coffee from world's most understanding husband*

*takes phone call from mother living downstairs, tries to explain why everything is the way it is this morning, listens to tirade, nods out briefly*

*wakes to find world's most understanding husband placating ranting mother with promises of imminent newspaper delivery*

*finds medication, swallows maximum dose with excellent coffee*

*listens to 80s station on Internet radio while medication takes effect*

*contemplates bundle to take to drycleaner and nods out briefly*

*remembers to post on board, tries to find URL*

*nods out briefly, wondering how everyone else finds the time for this kind of thing*

*wakes up still wondering*

Cadigan, Pat
Posted on Tuesday, August 19, 2003 - 02:53 am:   

*wakes up to find banal posting, wonders if they'll believe the cat did it*

Hi, thanks for the welcome. Blame Datlow, this was her idea. Thank you, Ellen. So this is where it's all happening--I always knew there was some kind of party going on somewhere.

Hi, gorgeous Liz. (Those of you who have met gorgeous Liz in person will understand what I mean by that:-))

You, Caselberg: of course you abase yourself before me, regardless. (Those of you who have met Caselberg in person will understand what we're talking about:-)

Mike Bishop! Talk about the plate-o-shrimp principle--I have been thinking about you quite a lot in the past few weeks. We have been attempting to rearrange our worldly goods and chattels to accommodate more worldly goods and chattels (stuff coming out of storage) and we've been rearranging books. I made my husband promise me for the fourth time that he didn't marry me just because I have a first edition of Ancient of Days.:-) How the hell are you? Jeez, I'm glad to be in touch with you again. I fell out of contact with a number of people in the mid-90s during the Great Lifequake. Yes, I'm still in London and I love it here, although last week, it was hotter here than in Kansas City, and probably Georgia--pardon, Jawja--as well. Horrible. Although now I don't have to explain as much when people here ask me why I left KC. I want my rainy, cold London summer.

Maureen: Right back atcha, although the time will be shorter than I'd originally planned. But when isn't it? I'm looking forward to seeing y'all, too.

Cheryl! Another welcome familiar face! To be found wherever great people gather. My chance to thank you publicly for your continued support of the monthly Borders gatherings. Maybe when the weather cools down some more, we can round everybody up for a trip to Bodean's after. Of course, you and I could just meet up sometime and drink Chimay Rouge over barbecue for no reason other than that we can do it.:-)

Richard Parks, you devil. Am I here? Where else would I be?:-) Wherever people are posting messages on a bulletin board, I'll be there. Wherever people gather to drink too much and laugh too loud, I'll be there. Wherever people stay up too late so they can drink too much and laugh too loud, I'll be there...And so on. You know the drill.

Leslie, at last we meet again. Are you and Nina still doing that thing with the bearskin? Or was that one of my fantasies?

Jeez, I'm leaving the country sometime within the next six days...how am I ever going to find the time to get ready?

Liz Williams
Posted on Tuesday, August 19, 2003 - 03:20 am:   

Pat, how kind! :-)

A compliment indeed...

Night Shade Books
Posted on Tuesday, August 19, 2003 - 03:30 am:   

I find comfort in the fact that I'm not the only one who has to do all of the typing with a persistant cat draped over my hands.

Jason

Laura Anne
Posted on Tuesday, August 19, 2003 - 03:53 am:   

Could be worse. I have to do all my typing waiting for the cat to (as she inevitably will) wake up, stretch, and fall off the monitor onto the keyboard. My office is a Falling Feline zone.

I've tried explaining to her that what was good for a kitten isn't so good for a grown cat. She scoffs at my puny human logic.

Hi Pat!

Minz
Posted on Tuesday, August 19, 2003 - 08:43 am:   

So Datlow's to blame for all this.
Why am I not surprised . . .

At least this should turn better than her attempts to fix that Ohio power line.

Oh, welcome to the neighborhood, Pat.

Ellen
Posted on Tuesday, August 19, 2003 - 09:02 am:   

Hey Minz, don't blame ME for that :-)

Pat, finally got you over here.

When do you get into Toronto? I arrive Thursday around 1:30?

I have cats attempting to walk on my laptop all the time while I try to persuade them to walk around it.

bluejack
Posted on Tuesday, August 19, 2003 - 09:48 am:   

Hi Pat,

I know I'm not supposed to be wasting time reading message boards, but there you go. Ever the disobedient child.

Welcome! Don't waste too much time here!

Cheryl Morgan
Posted on Tuesday, August 19, 2003 - 02:15 pm:   

Hi Pat - I'm headed off to California tomorrow. Plenty of BBQ and Chimay Rouge there. Not sure about Toronto though. Don't think I've ever been to a Somali restaurant. Looking forward to it.

LeslieWhat
Posted on Tuesday, August 19, 2003 - 02:21 pm:   

(Making long story short...the bear's knuckles were disintegrating at the time I met a Shoshone Indian storyteller who needed bear claws but had no particular need for the knuckles. Call it destiny. We did a trade and now the bear has transcended to a spiritual object. Nina and I have moved on to Your Picture With Elvis pix. Elvis's knuckles look okay, in case you're wondering.)

Have fun in Toronto, all.

Laura Anne
Posted on Tuesday, August 19, 2003 - 02:29 pm:   

What scares me most of all is that What's posts always make total sense to me.

I need a drink.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration