RAVENOUS GHOSTS Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration
Night Shade Message Boards » Burke, Kealan Patrick » RAVENOUS GHOSTS « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Kealan Patrick Burke
Posted on Friday, February 21, 2003 - 10:31 am:   

This is a collection of my short stories due for release in about three weeks from 3F Publications (http://www.3fpublications.com/ravenousghosts.html), and also available for preorder now from SHOCKLINES at: http://www.store.yahoo.com/shocklines/ravghosbykea1.html

Worth checking out for Mike Bohatch's cover alone. Features 16 stories, a foreword by Jack Cady and an afterword from Gary A. Braunbeck.

First 100 preorders get a personally inscribed copy.

Best,

Kealan

Karole M. Svitak
Posted on Sunday, March 02, 2003 - 04:49 pm:   

Hi Kealan,

I just preordered my copy. I'm looking forward to reading it. I've read "Symbols" and "Someone to Carve the Pumpkins" before, so I know that I am in for a real treat.

:o)Karole

Kealan Patrick Burke
Posted on Saturday, March 22, 2003 - 08:46 am:   

Ok, time for me to descent into shameless pluggery yet again.

My first short story collection RAVENOUS GHOSTS is rapidly approaching release. It hit number 1 on the advance orders bestseller list at Shocklines in its first week and sales have been steady since. We hope to have the book out by the end of the month.

If you're not familiar with my writing and would like to sample some before making the buy, write to me and I'll send you a story from the book...an hors d'oeuvres if you will.

Apart from sixteen tales (6 reprints, 8 originals and 2 written specially for the book), the book features an introduction by Jack Cady (www.fantasticfiction.co.uk_Cady.htm ), an afterword by Gorezone regular Gary A.Braunbeck
(www.sff.net/people/Gary.Braunbeck/) and haunting cover art by noted artist Mike Bohatch (www.eyesofchaos.com/). I asked Mike to do the cover after seeing some of the work he had done for Cemetery Dance magazine.

The cover in all its glory can be seen here:
http://store.yahoo.com/shocklines/ravghosbykea1.html

You can also order a signed copy from that address. It was announced some time ago that the first 100 preordered copies would be issued
signed by yours truly. I'm not sure how many remain. If you get an unsigned copy, e-mail me and I'll rectify the situation for you.

Thanks to all for the support!

For queries or a sample story, please e-mail me at elderlemon2003@aol.com

Very best,

Kealan Patrick Burke

Kealan Patrick Burke
Posted on Saturday, March 22, 2003 - 12:37 pm:   

P.S. And thanks for the kind words Karole! I hope you enjoy the book.

Kealan Patrick Burke
Posted on Thursday, May 01, 2003 - 12:27 pm:   

Just a quick update:

Ravenous Ghosts was released yesterday! YAY!

Thanks to all for their support. It is much appreciated.

Best,

Kealan

Kealan Patrick Burke
Posted on Wednesday, May 07, 2003 - 09:24 am:   

Hey All:

My contributor's copies of RAVENOUS GHOSTS -- my first short story collection arrived in the mail yesterday and completely blew me away. As 3F Publishing are a new company and RG is their first release, I wasn't expecting miracles, but the production values on display with this book rival any of the bigger houses. I am thrilled.

Those who've preordered signed copies from SHOCKLINES will have them soon. Anyone who would like to order an autographed copy before they ship can do so here:

www.3fpublishing.com

or from the venerable Matt Schwartz at Shocklines:

http://store.yahoo.com/shocklines/ravghosbykea1.html

Thanks to all for the support!

Best,

Kealan

Jay C
Posted on Wednesday, May 07, 2003 - 04:55 pm:   

Hey, KPB. May it rock and roll!

Kealan Patrick Burke
Posted on Thursday, May 08, 2003 - 05:09 am:   

Thanks James!

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration