Picadilly Radio Plays Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration
Night Shade Message Boards » Gallagher, Stephen » Picadilly Radio Plays « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Drew Gray
Posted on Thursday, May 06, 2004 - 08:45 am:   

Hi Steve Gallagher,

A friend of mine at work is a huge fan of your radio series Last Rose of Summer - Hunters Moon - Babylon Run. He taped it all years ago from the radio but has listened to it so many times that many of his tapes have become ruined. He asked me to transfer his remaining tapes to CD for him before they all disintegrate. Is there anywhere on the web I could download his lost episodes, or any other methods of obtaining them?

Thanking you in advance, Drew.

Stephen Gallagher
Posted on Thursday, May 27, 2004 - 01:35 am:   

Hi Drew --

I am aware that the material's circulating amongst collectors out there in MP3 form, but it's all highly unofficial. Someone under the name "BBCguy" was offering them for sale on eBay a while back, but that's even more unofficial!

You might try posting on one of the old-time radio forums and see what happens.

Mark PL
Posted on Friday, June 04, 2004 - 12:00 pm:   

Actually, he was calling himself BBCradioguy, Drew. The CD -- which I don't have but a friend of mine does -- is of varying quality, and contains a number of Stephen's radio stuff; including CHIMERA, I believe. Some of it sounds like it's been recorded through a wall, the rest is crystal clear. Most of them have jerking starts, as though a radio announcer's voice has been cut off with the start of the soundtrack. As I remember, the space trilogy is pretty clear. You'll just have to keep checking E-Bay.

(Stephen, thanks for signing my stuff in Huddersfield earlier this year. I was there at Ottakar's with my girlfriend Michelle. She was the one who said "I never knew anything about horror until I started going out with Mark."

(And slowly the truth comes out . . .)

Stephen Gallagher
Posted on Sunday, June 06, 2004 - 09:09 am:   

I understand that the master tapes of at least THE LAST ROSE OF SUMMER are held in the North-West Sound Archive based in Clitheroe, Lancs.

And there are bound to be dupe masters hanging around somewhere from when the serials were syndicated to other stations.

But I'm told that much of the BBC stuff, particularly the Saturday Night Theatres and including AN ALTERNATIVE TO SUICIDE, got wiped.

And then, of course, they go and invent BBC 7...

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration