Congratulations! Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration
Night Shade Message Boards » Piccirilli, Tom » Congratulations! « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Michael Bishop
Posted on Saturday, June 21, 2003 - 05:54 pm:   

I just wanted to congratulate Tom on picking up two Stoker wards at the recent HWA convention. I'd also like to invite him to take a very brief moment to provide some details of this accomplishment.

Pic
Posted on Monday, June 23, 2003 - 03:15 pm:   

Hi Mike:

Thanks greatly for the kind words, they're much appreciated. The HWA weekend and Stoker banquet were quite memorable, and it was terrific to finally meet so many authors whose work I've read for years but never had a chance to run into before. Especially TM Wright, JN Williamson, Al Sarrantonio, and Mort Castle. Also great fun to see the NYC gang again: Jack Ketchum, Gerard Houarner, Linda Addison, Matt Schwartz, and Mike Laimo among them.

Everybody was extremely gracious and generous with their well-wishes and congratulations. Lots of hootin' and hollerin' when I went up to accept the Short Story award for "The Misfit Child Grows Fat on Despair" (from THE DARKER SIDE, edited by John Pelan, ROC Books). However, the crowd gave a standing ovation when it was announced that THE NIGHT CLASS won in the Novel category, and that got me deeply. Seeing so many friends, fans, and colleagues cheering together made all the day to day crap we writers endure completely worth it.

It's the little things we live (and die) for.

Thanks again to everyone who read, reviewed, and recommended the book. Even to the folks who trashed it, I appreciated your passion!

Mike
Posted on Tuesday, June 24, 2003 - 06:45 am:   

Hnnnn!hnnnn!hnnnn! 'Way to go! And aint "The Misfit Child Grows Fat on Despair" an inspired title?

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration