The Devil's Wine Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration
Night Shade Message Boards » Piccirilli, Tom » The Devil's Wine « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Pic
Posted on Tuesday, March 18, 2003 - 07:36 pm:   

THE DEVILíS WINE is a poetry anthology Iím editing for Cemetery Dance Publications, featuring work from: Stephen King, Ray Bradbury, Peter Straub, Michael Bishop, Graham Masterton, Charles De Lint, Jack Ketchum, Joe Haldeman, Jack Cady, Steve Rasnic Tem, Melanie Tem, Peter Crowther, TM Wright, Brian Hodge, Edward Lee, Elizabeth Massie, Jay Bonansinga, and Tamara Thorne.

If all continues to go smoothly, you can look for the trade hardcover sometime in late summer/early autumn.

Michael Bishop
Posted on Wednesday, March 19, 2003 - 05:25 am:   

Dear Tom,

I'm excited about the volume and look forward to reading what I know will be an extremely varied selection of distinguished poems, from an equally distinguished lot of writers, if I can say such a thing without necessarily tagging myself with that adjective. In any event, it's an unusual and noteworthy-sounding project.

Yours, Mike

Pic
Posted on Wednesday, March 19, 2003 - 02:40 pm:   

And I appreciate your contribution, Mike. Putting the book has been a wonderful experience for me. Hoping to do something like it again in the near future.

Michael Bishop
Posted on Friday, March 28, 2003 - 05:12 am:   

Dear Tom,

Maybe I should have started a new thread for this, but I just wanted to congratulate you on the fine notice that Charles DeLint gave you for *This Cape Is Red . . .* in the most recent issue of *Fantasy & Science Fiction*. Hope others see the review and pick up a copy of the collection.

Sincerely, Mike

Pic
Posted on Friday, March 28, 2003 - 11:11 am:   

Thanks, Mike!

I was shocked and very pleasantly surprised to see that Charles de Lint had taken the time to review THIS CAPE IS RED BECAUSE I'VE BEEN BLEEDING in the pages of F&SF, since it's a small press collection. His kind words really touched me, considering his work has meant so much to me over the years.

I've been astounded that the book has received the notice it's gotten (any notice at all, that is) and I'm incredibly appreciative to people like yourself who read the work and dropped a few lines about it. On a purely personal level, I think I've gotten more satisfaction out of CAPE than just about any other book I've done. Odd how that works, isn't it?

Thanks again!

Best, Pic

Michael Bishop
Posted on Tuesday, April 08, 2003 - 12:36 pm:   

Dear Tom,

Odd, but gratifying nonetheless, when a book that you don't expect to garner much notice, and a personal favorite, achieves unexpected attention. I'll keep my fingers crossed that it receives even more.

By the way, several days ago I received an inscribed copy of *A Choir of Ill Children* from you. I'm delighted. I'm also apologetic. We were away from Pine Mountain for about five days, and I failed to acknowledge the book's receipt upon arriving home two days ago. In any case, my heartfelt thanks. I look forward to reading the novel. And then, I suppose, any additional comments will have to go on the message board under the appropriate thread heading. (What is a thread heading, anyway? Sounds vaguely head threatening.)

Yours, Mike

Pic
Posted on Tuesday, April 08, 2003 - 02:04 pm:   

Hi Mike:

Please, no need to apologize. I'm glad CHOIR made it there through all our recent bizarre weather patterns. We were trapped for three days thanks to the second worst blizzard in Colorado history. Some areas received up to 90 inches. Unbelievable. We got about two and a half feet and that was more than enough to keep our little Saturn well off the road. Thankfully we had friends with an SUV who came in with supplies.

Of course, God has been doing his best to fake us out the past few days. 75 degree weather all week long...just enough time for us to start thinking we could get out there and do yardwork, rake, plant some bushes and put down grass seed. Two hours after I finished with the lawn, the temperature dropped fifty degrees and it started snowing. The hell kind of freaky place is this? At least in New York you know when your're going to get pounded.

Thread heading--makes me think of Robert De Niro in Kenneth Branaugh's FRANKENSTEIN. That guy was seriously head threaded.

I was also greatly gratified to see that CAPE has made the final ballot for a Stoker this year. Hey, the little choo choo that could.

By the way, I spoke to Rich Chizmar a couple of days ago and he's kicking around ideas to really make the limited edition of The Devil's Wine something all-out beautiful and spectacular. If it's anything like his limiteds of BAD NEWS or OCTOBER DREAMS, it'll really be breathtaking.

Hope you enjoy CHOIR!

Best, Pic

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration