A Choir of Ill Children Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration
Night Shade Message Boards » Piccirilli, Tom » A Choir of Ill Children « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Pic
Posted on Thursday, February 06, 2003 - 06:57 pm:   

Hey Gang:

Just wanted to take a second and let everyone know that my Night Shade novel A CHOIR OF ILL CHILDREN will be shipping off to the printer at some point in the next couple of weeks. Feel free to ask anything about the book you like, and I'll try to answer.

Tim Lebbon
Posted on Friday, February 07, 2003 - 01:04 pm:   

Hey Pic .... and that's a BEAUTIFUL cover from Caniglia, mate. The guy's rapidly becoming one of the best artists working out there today.

Pic
Posted on Friday, February 07, 2003 - 01:33 pm:   

You're right, Tim, he's an amazing artist, which is why he's done the covers for my last three books. Not only is Caniglia a true visionary, but he's also willing to work closely with the author and the publisher, and he graciously accepts their input. Brilliant art and a joy to work with, what could be better?

Night Shade Books
Posted on Friday, February 07, 2003 - 05:07 pm:   

Galleys of Choir showed up today, and they are sexy like a... well, sexy galley.

Jason

Pic
Posted on Friday, February 07, 2003 - 05:57 pm:   

Great news, Jason!

Pic
Posted on Saturday, February 15, 2003 - 05:46 pm:   

Hey Gang: just a quick note to let everyone know that the Shocklines promotional contest for a print of the cover of A CHOIR OF ILL CHILDREN by Caniglia is almost over. It ends on the 28th. Check out the info on the Shocklines main page.

Pic
Posted on Thursday, March 06, 2003 - 12:26 pm:   

Heard some good news from the Night Shade boys today. The limited edition of A CHOIR OF ILL CHILDREN has sold out pre-publication. A big round of thanks to everyone who's already ordered the book.

I just sent back the galleys and have gone through the chapbook extra that will be shipping with the limiteds: A new piece called "Confession."

Michael Bishop
Posted on Monday, March 17, 2003 - 04:30 am:   

Tom,

Hope all is well with you. How about telling folks about THE DEVIL'S WINE? In any event, I just wanted to drop by and say hello. Appreciated the chance to read your Catalyst Press collection, THIS CAPE IS RED BECAUSE I'VE BEEN BLEEDING. Sounds as if you're being quite productive. Congratulations on selling out the limited edition of A CHOIR OF ILL CHILDREN already. Thumbs up.

Mike

Pic
Posted on Tuesday, March 18, 2003 - 07:34 pm:   

Hi Mike:

Thanks greatly for the post, it's much appreciated. I'll add a new topic on the board and let folks know something about THE DEVIL'S WINE. Thanks again for making the project such a success and one of the most important books of my career.

How go things with you? Tell the folks a little about whatever it is we can look forward from you in the near future. Really looking forward to BRIGHTEN TO INCANDESCENCE. You and Shepherd are so wonderful on your own, together the work is bound to be amazing.

And for everybody who hasn't read one of my all-time favorites WHO MADE STEVIE CRYE? by Michael Bishop, get out there and beg, borrow or steal a copy as soon as possible. Hit www.abebooks.com and do yourself a major favor. Nearly 20 years after first reading the book, I still find it a terrific mind-bender.

Michael Bishop
Posted on Wednesday, March 19, 2003 - 05:21 am:   

Tom,

Hey, you're welcome. I'll check out the new thread on THE DEVIL'S WINE right now, and I appreciate your saying a good word for WHO MADE STEVIE CRYE?, a book I definitely wouldn't mind getting back into print.

Mike

Pic
Posted on Wednesday, March 19, 2003 - 02:35 pm:   

By the way, Mike, I just packaged up an ARC of CHOIR to mail off to you. I know you're incredibly busy, but if/when you get a chance to peruse the book I hope you enjoy its oddity.

Probably won't be able to get to the post office for another day or two--got hit with two feet of snow last night. Some places got up to seven feet. Street crews are working around the clock but nobody's plowed our road yet, and I'm one of the last holdouts in CO who doesn't own an SUV.

I would love to see a new edition of STEVIE. My signed Arkham House edition is just too damn beautiful to take down from the bookcase!

Michael Bishop
Posted on Thursday, March 20, 2003 - 05:05 am:   

Tom,

Believe me, I'll make time to read CHOIR. I'm amazed, but gratified, that you want to send me a copy. No snow here, by the way, but we've had great Noah's plenty of water lately, to make up for last summer and fall's drought, I guess. Keep your head up. Hang in there. Dig out.

Mike

Pic
Posted on Friday, May 02, 2003 - 12:26 am:   

Hey Gang:

Just a quick note to let everyone know that A CHOIR OF ILL CHILDREN is now shipping from Night Shade Books. Orders will be filled within the next few days, so everybody who's pre-ordered should see their copies in the next week or so.

Some recent blurbs on the book:

Kirkus: "Lyrical, ghastly, first-class horror."

LOCUS: "Piccirilli has a gift for pitch-black humor that makes much of this novel outrageously funny, until laughter finally drowns amid murderous phantasms."

Michael Bishop, author of BRIGHTEN TO INCANDESCENCE and PHILIP K. DICK IS DEAD, ALAS: "This is a Gothic tale of sustained invention, told in colorful prose. I loved the characters, the prose (which alternates, deliberately, between jazzy and/or bluesy tones and a clipped sort of Faulknerian picture-making), the imagery, the incidents, and the smart balance between the humorous and the horrific."

Thanks, everybody!

Jeremy Lassen
Posted on Thursday, July 17, 2003 - 02:00 pm:   

Just a note... SF site has just reviewed Choir -- and it proves to be another positive, insightful review of this fine novel.

http://www.sfsite.com/07b/ci156.htm

-JL

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration